Friday, August 23, 2013

Checking In

Over the last week and a half, I had my 6 month (!!) MRIs and check up appointments with my oncologist, neurosurgeon, and radiation oncologist.  I don't know if people typically follow up with so many doctors or if I'm just an interesting case so they all want to follow up.  The CERN Foundation posted a picture of "adult ependymomas" the other day, but since I'm an adult with a pediatric presentation, I'm even more weird ;)

My brain appears to have completely healed from where the drain was, and the hydrocephalus is completely gone.  I have no signs of tumor regrowth, although there are some "focii" on my brain stem from the surgery/radiation.  All in all, really really great news.  My next appointments and MRI will be in November, and I am already looking forward to being put on the twice a year/once a year schedule rather than the quarterly schedule I'm on now! MRIs don't bother me, but I'm sick and tired of them!

I'm still incredibly thankful for the many blessings God has given our family during this process.  From Austin's job (love that health insurance!) being so flexible to the amazing and skilled doctors we had access to to all the people who have cared for us to the fact that I am functional, it's been amazing.

No comments: