Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Savannah Lynn

Dear Savannah Lynn,

You turned 3.  Just like magic while you were sleeping, you changed into a full-on preschooler.  It's funny how much things change and how much they stay the same with you.  The day you were born, I looked down into your sweet little face, after the longest labor I had with one of my children, and exclaimed "You're so tiny! What took you so long?".  You were so tiny and perfect.  I thought that my life was full with my two little boys, but having a pink princess has brought me so many joys and challenges that I didn't even realize I missed

You have been the most stubborn, opinionated, spoiled little girl.

I deserve you so much.

You are the tiniest little "peanut" of a girl- and yet, you are your very own pink version of Napoleon- unafraid of anyone even though, unbeknownst to you, the world towers over you.  You speak your mind, you sing along to the chorus of songs (this is your favorite right now) LOUDLY to cover up the fact that one of those darn verses has started and you want to sing the words you know. You are nothing if not self-assured.

You are loving and sweet when you want to be, and fiercely loyal, especially to your brothers.  You are incredibly strong for your tiny body- doing pullups and pulling the dog around, and nearly squeezing your brother's bunny to death as you try to give it hugs.

You are smart and inquisitive and when you want something, you're not afraid to get it.  You're a firecracker of a little girl, and I hope you stay that way forever.

Love,
Momma

No comments: