Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Menu Planning Monday (ish)

Part of keeping track of homeschooling next year is going to be journaling what we do in this space.  To that end, I need to get in the habit of writing more religiously...er...faithfully....I need to write more, with or without my Jesus spin ;)

So, to that end, I'm going to start with our Menus.  Several of my friends do this and I love the inspiration.  Cooking will be a part of our curriculum since the kids love to cook and it ties in with math, so each kid will get a day to plan and implement the menu.  For now, it's still me, and it's actually Wednesday....

Hopefully this will also help me plan better.  We have a lot of weeknight happenings that would go smoother if I planned dinner better.  Especially baseball, which happens RIGHT over dinner quite consistently. This is not a typical menu for us- due to Monday's tragic events I had a bunch of thawed chicken.  We don't normally eat this much chicken all at once.


Monday- Frozen Cheese Pizza, Fruit Smoothies with Yogurt, Carrot Sticks and Dip (before Cub Scout Pack Meeting) I had another meal planned, but my freezer died (sadly, yes, but he got better!!) and in the frantic rush to move things from the basement full freezer to the kitchen tiny freezer, this is what my fantastic 7 year old made!!

Tuesday- Linguini alla Vodka, Salad, Garlic Bread (brought by Grammy and Papa to Riley's baseball game)

Wednesday- Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce, Pasta, Asparagus from the farmer's market (which no one ate but me so breakfast tomorrow will be EPIC)

Thursday- Fatteh bel Djaje, Tabbouleh but with no mint and twice the parsley called for, probably hummus and veggies to go with.  If I am feeling benevolent, we may have some Trader Joe's Baklava :)

Friday- Dinner out for Preschool Graduation!! I plan to cry!!

Saturday- Chicken Lettuce Wraps but with substantially more mushroom and water chestnuts, and sweet chili sauce and hoisin subbing for the hot ingredients where called for for the kids.  Not me, I'll burn my mouth off :)

Sunday- BBQ Chicken, (kidding- we're having grilled burgers and hot dogs), Purple Potato Salad (yay farmer's market!), mixed berries, corn on the cob (whoot, farmers!)

Next week, we eat vegan.  I feel like this week was a bad episode of Epic Meal Time (chicken breast, and chicken breast, and chicken breast, though, rather than BACON STRIPS and BACON STRIPS!)   BTW- If you watch that link, please don't vomit.

No comments: